Is located in Via Bufalotta 1281
, 12 miles from the city centre.
You can only reach it by bus or taxi! Get bus tickets before you get on board and when you are inside, stamp your ticket in the yellow machine on the bus!
Bus 338 from metro stop JONIO
Or Bus 86 from metro stop CONCA DORO
Tour takes maximum 90 minutes.The Italian branch at the moment is under relocation. In 2022 it will be definitely moved to Bologna. Just few areas are open to visitors!
Time schedule for visits.
Monday to Friday 8.30 - 11.30 13.30 - 16.00
You can visit Bethel just with a reservation on line at this link
Never ask food tips at the reception of your hotel, in 80% of cases they get a commission suggesting you restaurants of their friends.
Here below my personal selection of places where i usually go! Without any personal interest in them.
- "Da Michele" In Via Flaminia 82, Or in Via dei Lucchesi 28
- "Sorbillo" Piazza Augusto Imperatore 46
- "Fraschetteria Sant'Angelo" In Via del banco di santo spirito 20
- "Antica birreria Peroni" In Via San Marcello 28
- "Tonnarello" In Via della Paglia 1
Best steak house
- "I monticiani" In Via Panisperna 84
- "Lo scopettaro" In Lungotevere Testaccio 7
- "Vizi capitali" In Vicolo della Renella 94"
Best Ice cream
- "Gelateria del teatro" In Via dei Coronari 56
- "Fatamorgana" In Piazza degli Zingari 5 Or Via Roma Libera 11 Or Via dei Chiavari 37A
- "Pompi" In Via Santa Maria in Via 17 Or Via della Croce 82
BEST SHOPPING MADE IN ITALY, NOT LUXURY BRAND
- Via Cola di Rienzo
- Via Ottaviano
- Via Frattina
Or 45 minutes from the city center by bus
- "Shopping mall PORTA DI ROMA" 220 stores where local people goes to make shopping
Bus 80 direct from Venice square
BEST LEATHER MADE IN ITALY, STREETS AND MARKETS
- Via dei Coronari
- Campo dei fiori market
- Sannio market
BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS AND STREET SELLERS!!
In general Rome is a very safe and quiet city but like in every touristic place, Rome too in the crowded squares, line for monuments, buses or metro is often full of baby gipsy 8-13 years old, who look like tourists, but are very expert pickpockets! And everywhere is full of African people (90% of them are from Senegal), who try to sell you bracelets and various manufactured objects.. Don't stop, they say they're free and then they haunt you asking money and running away without giving the rest!
Leave in the hotel or bnb safe: bags, bagpack and original passport and possibly bring with you in your personal front pockets just: photo of passports in the smartphone, cash and credit cards!
In this way you will stay totally relax all the time!or put in your bags only things that are not precious or important.
BEWARE TAXI DRIVERS
Like all over the world, some of them are dishonest with tourists. Get uber or text these brothers who are official taxi drivers here in Rome! They provide any transfer from and to the airports, and from and to the Civitavecchia port also.
Brother Gianni +393498737318
Brother Danilo +393492828119
Please do not ask us anything about their service, time work or prices.. Be aware that they are not our workers or partners and we are not their broker, just text them directly through whats app, and if are available they will answer asaps.
It is not possible to get tickets on board in Rome. Please buy your tickets before boarding, in any tobacconist or newsagents shop and then vidimate it in the yellow machine on the bus. Getting on the bus without a validated ticket, will procure you a fine of 100 or more euro per person.
For more information about public transports in Rome go this link
Is the best option if you plan to stay here, for a minimum of 2 days.. Buy the official one, going this link to have all information
TOP THINGS TO DO OUT OF BIBLICAL STOPS
- 1. Borghese museum and park
- 2. Sunset view from the 3 terrace of the Janicole hill (Saint Onofrio square, Anita Garibaldi square and Giuseppe Garibaldi square) and then Trastevere by night
- 3. Capitoline museum
- 4. Ostia Antica, the not touristic Pompei yet to be discovered by most of the tourists!
- 5. www.qcterme.com/en/roma
An unforgettable welness experience in the best thermal spa complex of Rome.
Especially from Monday to Thursday when is not crowded!
FOOD TO BUY
If you want to buy wine or cheese, never buy it in the souvenir store or wine shop, it cost double, always go in the common supermarket where local people go as:
- Coop in Via Nazionale 212
- Carrefour in Via del Viminale 35
- Pam in Via delle Quattro Fontane 38
This is the place to buy lot of cool souvenirs at the cheapest price in the city centre.
Souvenir Store in Via Nazionale 167
If you need luggage storage 24h available check on this link