Never ask food tips at the reception of your hotel, in 80% of cases they get a commission suggesting you restaurants of their friends.
Here below my personal selection of places where i usually go! Without any personal interest in them.
- "Da Michele" In Via Flaminia 82
- "Sorbillo" Piazza Augusto Imperatore 46
- "Sorbillo" Shopping center La Rinascente - 6st floor - Via del Tritone 61
- "Pastificio Guerra" take away -Via della Croce 8 - "Osteria da Fortunata" Via del Pellegrino 11
- "Fraschetteria Sant'Angelo" In Via del banco di santo spirito 20
- "Tonnarello" In Via della Paglia 1
- "Pasta e eVino Osteria" Via della Pelliccia 12 or Via Florida 23
- "I monticiani" In Via Panisperna 84
- "Lo scopettaro" In Lungotevere Testaccio 7
- "Maxela" Via delle Coppelle 10
- "Vizi capitali" In Vicolo della Renella 94
- "La pesceria" In Via San Nicola Tolentino 23
- "Otaleg" Via San Cosimato 14a (Trastevere)
Like all over the world, some of them are dishonest with tourists. Get uber or text these brothers who are official taxi drivers here in Rome! They provide any transfer from and to the airports, and from and to the Civitavecchia port also.
ONLY in the morning from 6 am - 2 pm and ONLY for transfers from and to the airports and from and to Civitavecchia port! Brother Gianni +393498737318
ONLY in the afternoon from 2 - 10 pm - for ALL transfers
Brother Danilo +393492828119
Please do not ask us anything about their service, time work or prices.. Be aware that they are not our workers or partners and we are not their broker, just text them directly through whats app, and if are available they will answer asaps.
If you need luggage storage 24h available check on this link
- 1. Borghese museum - Booking request!
- 2. Capitoline museum
- 3. The underground Forum www.palazzovalentini.it
- 4. www.time-elevator.it An exciting journey with the virtual reality to learn more about Roman history
- 5. www.hotellunetta.com An unforgettable welness experience in archaeological thermal spa complex in the heart of the city centre. Booking request!
In general we don't suggest to reach the city centre by car. There are many hidden cameras, and is very easy to be fined. Moreover in almost all cities of Italy, private cars are allowed in the downtown ONLY after 6 pm or Sunday all day. The best way to explore our city centre is: leaving the car in a metro parking and taking the SUBWAY.
However if you want to come by car as close as possible to the city centre, without going in the restricted area, you can leave your car in one of these parking.
1. PARKING LUDOVISI Via Ludovisi 60 - 5 minutes walking from Spanish Steps
2. PARKING CAVOUR Piazza Cavour - 10 minutes walking from Navona Square
Unfortunately Rome, unlike cities in Northern Europe, it is not a child-friendly city. There are very few beautiful children's playgrounds in the town and just some good activities to engage them too.. here the best for families!
1. EXPLORA - The Kids Museum - Via Flaminia 82
2. BIOPARCO ZOO PARK - www.bioparco.it
3. MAGICLAND (40 minutes driving from the city) a small Italian version of Disneyland - www.magicland.it
4. ZOOMARINE (40 minutes driving from the city) a beautiful amusement water park - www.zoomarine.it
In general Rome is not consider one of the wine vallleys of Italy... the best region where you can have wine experiences is Tuscany. However there is an amazing and big wine area just 40 minutes driving from the city centre. It is consider one of the best wine production in the Lazio district. They offer wine tour and tasting in Italian and English. Check on their website www.winetoursprincipepallavicini.com